Sunday, February 15, 2009

Estoy en la Ciudad de Mexico!!!

Yes we made it finally. We arrived in Mexico City Friday Feb. 13 after quite an adventure chasing my passport. We stayed in SLC for a few days waiting, every time I tried to get info on the passport they would say "it's in San Francisco and in process." It was so frusturating so on Wednesday we decided to drive to S.F. and get the passport and fly from there. ($900.00) we drove all night Wednesday and in California while going through the mountains they made us buy chains for the car! We didn't even need them! Another 80 bucks. Oh well Raul said it was better to be safe. So we both learned how to put chains on a car at 2am and 18 degrees. Raul is amazing! He wasn't mad or anything just figured it out and got back on the road. Olivia slept most of the way. S.F. was pretty cool it was warm and we walked around alot mostly back and forth from the hotel to the passport office. I got it though, Thursday night and we got back on the road to the airport at 3 a.m. !! The first flight to Pheonix Olivia slept the whole way and woke up right before we landed. We had a 3 hour layover there and finally got to get on the plane to Mexico City. The flight was about 2 and a half hours and Olivia did really good just played and looked out the window with Raul and jumped around. We finally landed and it was about 85 degrees outside!! Yea! The sun! It's been about the same since around 90 degrees at day and 75 at night. Perfect, there is tons of exploring to do the market is literally on the corner and it lines the street for miles! There are tons of people and still I am the only american here. That's ok though I get lots of weird looks but nobody says anything. I can't go out alone here, it's too dangerous mostly because we are in such a huge city. There are tons of things to do and we've spent most of our time walking around and visiting Rauls family and old friends. He is happy but says he misses the states. I don't understand why I love it here. The culture and everything is so new and different. We had these tacos that are so good! The way they make them most americans would probably throw up but I thought it was awesome! Here are some pictures of the market and stuff Raul wont let me take too many, he doesn't want me to look like a tourist. ?? I'm the only thing white!! Of course I look like a tourist! hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment